NextStepEnglish.com guarantees that all personal information you give during your visit to the website is kept strictly confidential and secure.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, or other details, as appropriate, to help with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register or sign up to receive emails, enter information on our site, respond to surveys or marketing communications, provide us with feedback on our products or services, or make a purchase.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
○ to personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
○ to improve our website in order to better serve you;
○ to administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature; and
○ to send periodic emails with educational content, surveys, announcements, or information about products or services you may order or have ordered.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We do not use Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enteres, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
○ save commenter information so that the commenter does not have to input their information multiple times (when you comment, your information is not used to add you to our email list, and your information is kept private);
○ understand and save users’ preferences for future visits; and
○ compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, it will not affect the user’s experience.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to outside parties.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. Therefore, we have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites that you may have.
We agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
You can change your personal information by emailing us.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track (DNT) signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a DNT browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the United States’ Consumer Protection Agency, enforces the COPPA rules, which spell out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years.
Should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 1 business day.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
We collect your email address in order to:
○ send educational information and respond to inquiries and/or other messages;
○ process orders and send information and updates pertaining to orders;
○ send you additional information related to products, services, promotions, and/or events; and
○ connect with and market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
We agree to the following:
○ to not use false or misleading subject lines or email addresses;
○ to identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way;
○ to include the physical address of our business or site headquarters;
○ to monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used;
○ to honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly;
○ to allow users to unsubscribe by using a link at the bottom of each email; and
○ the right to be forgotten, by deleting your data permanently at your request.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can:
Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email, and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Next Step English, LLC
1100 N. Glebe Road, Suite 1010
Arlington, Virginia 22201 (USA)
Last edited: 28 May 2018